If you suffer from a sensitive digestive system, or have been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), this recipe is the perfect addition to your dietary regime. It contains anti-inflammatory vegetables and spices, like ginger, turmeric, pepper, and coriander to help settle your stomach, while providing nourishing sources of protein and fibre. Use it as an appetizer to your meal, or as a main course! It’s nutritious and delicious either way.
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 Heirloom Carrots (sliced thin)
- 2 Zucchini (sliced thin)
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (chopped)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cup Lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4-6 sprigs Rosemary (fresh)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add oil, ginger, coriander, cumin and turmeric. Sauté for 2 minutes, until the ginger becomes fragrant.
- Add carrots, celery, and zucchini. Sauté for 5 minutes until coated with the spices.
- Add water to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Add the lentils, cilantro, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir well for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve into bowls and top with fresh cilantro.