Our personal health and parenting can become affected during times of stress. Additional life stresses can complicate our ability to parent as we can quickly become depleted of our own cognitive, emotional and physical resources. This workshop will help support parents and/or caregivers to enhance their approaches towards dealing with life stressors. By learning strategies based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, we can foster an ability to change our relationships with unwanted thoughts and feelings while increasing our commitment to effective parenting. This workshop will provide a psychological approach towards building resilience to stressful events and enhancing one’s willingness of acceptance and being mindful. Our 4-week workshop will address the following topics:
- Building healthy relationships and handling conflicts
- Identifying unworkable thought and behavior patterns
- Using effective problem-solving techniques in response to stressful events
- Increasing self-awareness of your values, attitudes and behaviors and their impact on you and others
- Practicing skills to manage stress
- Develop psychological resilience in response to difficult situations
*Workshop is facilitated by a registered psychotherapist.
Who is this for: Parents or caregivers looking for effective and new approaches to coping with life stresses and their effects on parenting.
Dates: Mondays (January 23rd, 30th, and February 6th and 13th 2017), from 7:00pm-8:30pm
Fees: $250 (4 week program)
Promotion on Now!: Sign up before January 20th 2016 to get $100 off!
$150 for 4 week program!